The reasons for choosing Distance Learning for obtaining or updating qualifications are many and varied and so are the institutions throughout the world that offer courses by this method. Distance Learning has been going on for a very long time and a lot of well respected universities and colleges offer this type of instruction.
Some years ago, I needed to update my qualifications in order to get a promotion that I was after, my only option at that stage was distance learning. It had been quite a while since I had attended college and I was not sure how I would manage with the discipline needed for studying again. I needn’t have worried though, distance learning techniques have been refined over the years to take care of every eventuality that the student is likely to come across.
There are a few pros and cons with this method of learning and it is not for everyone. Here is a list of some of them.
- A lack of qualifications is not normally a problem
- An enormous range of courses are available
- Studying at home means you don’t have to change your present circumstances
- Study times can fit in with your own schedule
- There is not normally a timescale for completion, ie. have a year or so between if needed
- There will be a personal tutor assigned to you who can be contacted as often as you require
- They are very professional and good at keeping you enthusiastic
To read full article click here